In accordance with Data Protection Laws, it enables individuals to understand how their personal information may be used under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries regarding this policy, please contact the partners at HEVP on any of the following:
- 01948 838 104
- Stoke Manor Farm, Stoke on Tern, Market Drayton, TF9 2DU.
The type of ‘personal data’ in which we collect may include the following:
- First name
- Home address
- Yard address
- Contact numbers – landline and/ or mobile
- Email address
- Payment card details/ bank details
- Animal details (Name, breed, gender, date of birth or age, colour)
- Clinical history (inc. diagnostic images)
We obtain this information for only lawful purposes, as part of our daily operation in order to supply the best possible care to your horse.
We collect this personal data at the time of you registering as a client, whether that be in person, over the telephone or via the online registration form.
Examples of how we may use this information are:
- To register you as a client.
- To enable us to book, change or cancel appointments.
- To Invoice products and/ or services.
- To process payments for products/ services.
- To Contact you regarding our products/ services.
- To notify you of any treatments that your animals are due. (Useful information such as vaccination reminders, relevant articles relating to horse welfare/care, product information and any promotions run by HEVP may be shared with you).
- To notify you of changes to our services or hours.
- To analyse laboratory results (in-house or by sending to an external company).
- To refer for specialist treatment (e.g. MRI Scans).
- To liaise with third parties (e.g. Insurance companies, Cremation or disposal services, Microchip/ Passport registration companies).
Any marketing communication will only be sent to existing clients of HEVP who may opt-out at any time. To opt-out, please contact the practice and we will process this request. The personal data that will be used in any of our marketing communication is your name, email address and mobile phone number.
We have in place, appropriate security to ensure that any personal data is not lost, used or accessed by unauthorised personnel .
We agree to keeping this data only for legitimate and lawful reasons and all staff members of HEVP are subject to a duty of confidentiality and will only process your data according to company policy.
Your data will never be sold to third parties for marketing purposes. Personal data will only be retained for the purpose of original intended use. In accordance with the law, we are required to keep your data on file for 7 years.This will include all personal data given to us upon registration with the practice, all clinical history (including diagnostic images) but excludes any bank account details.
The practice will seek advice on matters of confidentiality and disclosing confidential information where unclear from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons’ Professional Conduct Department.
Last updated: 15th December 2020